Thursday, December 28, 2006

Post-Christmas

Knitting has been accomplished in little bites - between cleaning, cooking, present-buying and the usual holiday stuff. I didn't knit any gifts this year, but I think I will for next year. Starting very, very early. Not January 1 early, but probably sometime in the first quarter of oh-seven.

Most of the progress has been made on the EPS sweater (body still chugging along, one sleeve nearly done, the second sleeve started) and the mock cable socks. People love to talk about how quickly they get through a pair of socks. Maybe I am a slow knitter, but they seem to take me a long time. I am creeping up on the toe of the first sock, and I have been at this for a while now. It is fine, though. I love socks, even if they take me longer than just about anything else.

I am in denial about the Noni bag. This one should have been superfast, but I can't knit at anything that uses multiple strands and big needles for very long. This is definitely one of those projects that is all about the finished product. Anyway, the denial is that I am nearly done with the body, but I am sure I will run out of yarn at some point soon - perhaps even before I start decreasing for the bottom. Apparently, the denial is some adaptive trait to keep me out of my LYS, which is silly. Just because I dropped $150 on Jade Sapphire Cashmere-Silk the last time I was there doesn't mean I should stay away does it? Everyone knows laceweight doesn't count as stash because it is so little.

I need to pick up the Floral Gathering Sac again - another one that is sort of about the finished product, although I am not hating intarsia... not my favorite thing because of the multiple pieces of yarn.... but not evil and horrid either. It needs to get done, though; I started it in August after all.

No comments: