Monday, July 31, 2006

Snuggly

Still working on my second sock. I turned the heel on Friday and did a few gusset rows over the weekend. I am aiming to finish it this week, so I can start socks for DH.

My Zen, TV-watching, had-a-few-glasses-of-wine-this-evening project is a dog blanket for the Snuggle Project (check out link on sidebar). I am making it up as I go. I had two partial skeins of Lion Brand Homespun leftover from another project. Without an exact length, it was difficult to choose what to do with them. Enter the Snuggle. I am working a triangle with increases until the first leftover runs out, and then continuing onward working a decrease triangle with the second leftover. Hopefully, I will end up with a good-sized square for a shelter doggie who will then be adopted because s/he looks so comfy on a handknit blankie.

On another note, I just realized that the collected wisdom of The Yarn Harlot has collected in my backpack. I brought Secret Life of a Knitter to re-read some favorite bits on the train this morning. I added Knitting Rules and Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much as a result of a pop-in to Borders. This was actually my second purchase of KR, as my otherwise lovely dog Pepper shredded the first one.

And, while I was at it, I figured I could use some meditation as well.

No comments: