Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Two Knitterly Lists...

...by way of further introduction.

Resolutions:

1. Knit for charity.

2. Buy yarn for specific projects/patterns only: avoid simply accumulating yarn because it is on sale, it is beautiful, etc. Perhaps this rule could be relaxed if I am on a trip and the yarn is purely one of a kind/locally produced, etc. In a perfect world, I would buy a pattern to go with it at the same time.

3. Try to have only 3 projects on the needles at once, e.g., a challenge, an easy/ knitting-as-therapy project, and a small project suitable for commute time and lunch hours.

4. Knit more gifts.

5. Gain more experience with lace.

6. Gain more experience with color work.

7. Join a knitting group, or at least, make friends with other knitters and occasionally chat about knitting.

Labeling myself. I:

1. Am a ‘continental’ knitter.

2. Work mostly from free patterns found on the web (such as Lion Brand, Knitty, and I have a big stack from Elann that I have yet to work).

3. Am a self-taught knitter.

4. Knit my socks with circulars, rather than DPNs.

5. Prefer bamboo needles over most others. I have mostly Clover needles, but have discovered Crystal Palace - their circular needles are awesome; a thinner and more flexible cord than the Clovers.

6. Save my old knitting mags.

7. Enjoy the ‘working’ stage of a project the most, when I have memorized the pattern and move smoothly through the project.

8. Also love the feeling of completion!

9. Think about knitting pretty much constantly.

10. Love to read about knitting (history, current events, other knitters/blogs).

No comments: