Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Commute

This is a great time for me to work on smaller, portable projects. I have the Simple Sock in Three Sizes (from Socks Soar on Two Circular Needles) on the needles now. This is my first sock ever, and I am just about ready to turn the heel. Very exciting.

Because the pattern yarn is discontinued, I substituted Koigu KPPM in color 627, which I'd originally bought to make the Koigu Fun Sock. I didn't do that well with the DPNs, and I am glad to be able to make socks another way with this yarn. It seems to be working well, and it is cool to see how the colorway ends up in the knitted project.

My commute actually isn't that long - about 25 minutes, but I can usually get several rounds in during that time. With bigger projects, I always felt rushed to finish just one more row! It is the best way to de-stress after work that I know of - maybe even better than that glass of wine at home!

No comments: