Welcome to my knitting blog, and my inaugural post.
I am starting this for a number of reasons, in no particular order:
1. Everyone else is doing it.
2. I think it will be a great virtual journal of my knitting life.
3. After a knitting hiatus of maybe... 3 years... I am back into the groove in a huge way. I got back in the game knitting a shawl for my wedding.
So, what's up with the title?
I hate to brag, but I am possibly the least patient person in the world. As my husband so pithily observed, it is therefore somewhat surprising that I knit. I started to think about this lately - what is it about knitting that enables me to do it? I have had a number of hobbies over the years, nearly all of which have tried my very minimal reserves of patience - to the point of throwing things and having what my brother colorfully refers to as a "purple-faced nut attack."
I really haven't come up with a reason for why knitting has stuck with me. I just know that it has, and possibly, in the course of blogging and knitting, I will come upon the answer.
Where am I?
Recently finished objects:
1. White feather-and-fan shawl for my wedding in Lion Brand's "Microspun," from the label pattern.
2. Pink Cashmere purse for me because it was pretty. I thought I'd knit a second one (one skein makes two purses) for a friend. While the knitting was fun, assembling the purse elicited much cursing, to the amusement of my new husband. This was Knitty's "Best Friend," in Keja cashmere.
3. Criss-Cross shrug for me in Lion Brand Homespun, from LB's pattern.
On the needles:
1. Socks for me; my first pair. Socks Soar, "Simple Sock in Three Sizes," in KPPM color 627.
2. Raglan Funnel-neck sweater for me. Debbie Bliss, from Knitting Workbook, in Rowan Kid Classic, color "Peat."
3. Garter stitch triangle shawl (gift), in Lion Brand Homespun, from their pattern.
I am in major stash reduction mode.
1. Pam Allen's "Floral Gathering Sac" for me, in LaLana Wools' Obverse blend, colors are Monet and Apassionata. I am going to take this on our honeymoon - should be a great project for the flights and layovers. I had been coveting it ever since I saw it in a 2001 issue of IK; I decided to finally treat myself to it for the big trip.
2. Aran sweater for me, no. 4 in Winter 01-02 VK. I am substituting Lion Brand's Fisherman's Wool.
3. Socks for DH, the same Socks Soar pattern but in Cascade Fixation, color Onyx.
4. Socks for me, "Broadripple," from knitty.com, in the specified Cascade Fixation.
5. Silver scarf, from 100 Knitting on the Go Projects. Gift for a friend, in Lion Brand's Glitterspun.
6. Bonbon, a bath pouf from knitty.com, in Lion Brand's "Incredible." I should be able to get six out of my stash for gifts.
7. Several hats (gifts) in various yarns, using the Yarn Harlot's method, described here.
That should do it for now, don't you think?
Thanks for reading!