Thursday, September 01, 2011

Single Skein September Kicks Off!

It was 9/1 by the calendar, but for me the day does not officially begin before I have had my coffee. Even so, I cast on my first project for Single Skein September on my morning commute. It is a gift, so no details or photos here. Fellow Ravelers can check it out on my project page. If all goes well, I will have all of my holiday gift-knitting done by the end of the month, all with yarn from deep stash.

And here is a recent FO, this is Gudrun Johnston's Simmer Dim, which I finished last week. I did it in one skein of Schaefer Yarn Company's Heather, in the Ingrid Bergman colorway. I love how it turned out, and I have already worn it several times (including today!). I thought I might run out of yarn, but there was enough to set aside for my Babette Blanket remnant stash. Additional details on myproject page.






No comments: